Jubilee Celebration Saturday Introduction to Wine 20% Discount
This is a Special Discount to Celebrate Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee. A massive 20% discount on the price of our Saturday Introduction to Wine Courses. To mark Her Majesty's 60 year reign we are charging just £60 for our Saturday Introduction to Wine courses (normally £75) described below.
Here's what one of our happy customers said about our Introduction to wine course...."We attended the Saturday Introduction to Wine at Lytham St Annes in March 2012. I can't rate this course highly enough. I bought this for my Wife as a present for her 30th Birthday. We both like wine but have never really engaged in any formal wine tasting before. We found Colin to be very knowledgeable and the content of the course to be just right. I would definately recommend this course to anyone who is thinking about it. The location (Glendower Hotel) was nice and the atmosphere was very pleasant and friendly".
Just book below and we'll send you a voucher for the no. of places you purchase which you can redeem against any of our future Saturday Introduction to Wine Courses currently scheduled on 21st July, 22nd September, 20th October and 24th November and beyond.
These will make a great Birthday Gift or Gift for any occasion.
Champagne and 12 wines to taste in wonderful relaxing surroundings. This is a fun introduction to the world of wine with no previous experience of wine tasting required.
· Introduction to the World's major wine regions
· New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
· How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
· Starting with champagne a tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine
· Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
Places Available: 15
Course Date/Time: Tue 5th Jun 2012 at 11.00
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: Glendower Hotel, Lytham St. Annes