Saturday Introduction to Wine (Lytham St. Annes)
Wine Tasting Experience Day in Lytham St. Annes. Starting with champagne a full day's tasting including a delicious 2 course lunch Champagne and 12 wines to taste. This is a fun introduction to the world of wine with no previous experience of wine tasting required. Through our free voucher service this makes a great Gift or for two people - buy as a Gift Experience!.
· Introduction to the World's major wine regions
· New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
· How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
· Starting with champagne a tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine
· Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
If you've any special requests just let us know and we'll do our best to arrange that with the hotel- we've even arranged a birthday cake in the past!
Places Available: 12
Course Date/Time: Sat 2nd Nov 2013 at 11:00
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: Glendower Hotel, Lytham St. Annes